I am so excited and honored to bring you this unique hair tutorial, especially because it is featured on OnceWed today! Head on over to OnceWed and check it out there or just keep scrolling down and view it here!
I had an awesome head of hair to work with, but this simple up-do can be achieved with many different hair styles and types, though probably best suited for medium to long length. Don’t let it scare you off. Just a few simple steps and you’re ready to rock.
Classy and chic, or casual and bohemian, you have your options here.
1. Gather all hair at the crown of the head
2. Tie with a sturdy hair elastic and place a hair donut or a scrunchie (we just used a thick head band and doubled it over) at the base of the pony to give it extra volume.
4&5. Tease the remaining hair in the pony.
6. Take the teased hair and slightly twist as you wrap the pony around the scrunchie. This will give a central, fountain-like look to the bun, similar to a sock-bun. Bobby pin at the base the whole way around the bun to secure a strong hold.
7. Take your fingers and pull apart your fishtail braid until it is a looser weave.
8. Wrap your fishtail around the base of the bun and tuck the remaining end under the braid, securing with one or two bobby pins.
9. Put on your best dress and that bright red lipstick you love! :)